Buying a XOLO smartphone is like getting in relationship with a girl just because of her looks,
You enjoy it in the start but as soon as you learn about her other side, you regret that you bought it…
If you do not want to read the whole post and want to know the summary of my experience then here is a solution. I have mentioned here what was my experience with XOLO Customer Care and Support and how many rides I took to the Service Center.
1: 7th of September, 2013: I bought the Xolo Play T1000 for Rs. 14,900 (~$245)
2: 9th of Septmeber, 2013: Decided to report about the problems with the phone (Overheating and Screen turning Off) to the person from whom I bought the phone. He recommended me to got to the service center.
At the Service Center: They were not ready to accept overheating as an issue and said its Ok. To “Screen-going-dead” they said we can only do anything if we see the problem ourselves. When the problem appeared they restarted and said the problem is resolved. But restarting is not the solution even I do that when I face this problem. They refused to replace my phone.
3. 13th of September, 2013: I went to the shop from where I bought the phone to ask if I can get another phone or sell it. They said I cannot get the phone replaced but I can sell the phone for Rs. 9,000. I refused to sell the phone because it wasn’t a good deal, this implies that XOLO smartphones have no resale value.
4. 16th of September, 2013: Went to the XOLO Service center again where I submitted the phone for getting the issues fixed. It was taken and they said it can take up to 15 days to which I agreed.
Note: Attitude of people at XOLO service center sector 22, Chandigarh was very cheap. They were ignoring my questions and were very loud.
5. 17th of September, 2013: I called the service center to inquire if my phone has been dispatched for Delhi or not. They said no.
6. 18th of September, 2013: Called them again and learned that the phone has been dispatched.
7. 22nd of September, 2013: Called the service center again to know about the phone and they gave me a docket number to track my package. The docket no. didn’t work. They asked me to only inquire XOLO customer care number which I did and received the same answer till 3nd of October -”Sorry Sir, we don’t have any information about your phone. Please inquire again after 7 days.”
8. 5th of October, 2013: Came to know that some parts which are required to fix the phone are not available so the phone cannot be repaired and it can take some time. I was shocked.
9. 11th of October, 2013: Decided to mail Sweety Pahwa who recently contacted me as a PR manager of Xolo Smartphones and wanted me to write reviews about their phones. So, I taught Sweety about the scenario (read what I mailed her in this post below) and she forwarded my word to XOLO/LAVA company itself.
10. 14th of October, 2013: I received a call from a girl named Monika Agarwal who contacted me from LAVA. She guaranteed me that the phone will be dispatched before evening of 15th of October. And this happened too, the phone was dispatched and I also received a working docket number.
11. 17th of October, 2013: The phone was delivered to the service center from where I had to collect the phone.
12. 19th of October, 2013: I realized that the phone is still untouched and I have to face the same problem.
So, I got the phone after a month and the